ITINERARY : IPOH HERITAGE TRAIL
- The day begins with a Heritage Walking Tour of the Old Town. The four mile excursion explores the workings of Moorish colonial architecture, pre-war buildings and the historical journey of an old Japanese spy hideout.
- For lunch, stop by Nasi Kandar Ayam Merah on Jalan Yang Kalsom. Situated within a row of shophouses, Nasi Kandar Ayam Merah is operated in the shophouse of Kedai Kopi Yong Suan. This rice delicacy is dubbed ‘Nasi Ganja’ by locals and is said to be extremely addictive with it’s combined flavours of spiced curries, homemade mint chutney, salted egg and fried chicken.
- Next, ride to the temple of Kek Lok Tong to promenade along zen temple gardens. This temple grotto is located in a cave within the mountains of Gunung Rapat and is said to have been a place of worship since the 1920s.
- The trip ends with a visit to Han Chin Pet Soo, a location that used to house the meeting place of Ipoh’s select miners club. Along ornate tiles and opium dens, visitors are transported to the 1893 to uncover the secret customs private lives of traditional tin miners.
- UberTRIPs are RM140 for 4 hours (the minimum fare) and RM0.60/min after.
- Rider will pay this as per a normal Uber trip (with both cash and credit card options available) and receive an electronic receipt.
- This amount is only for the car + driver, any entrance charge to attractions is to be borne by the rider.
- Purchase are subjected to 3 to 5 days before the date of travel.