ITINERARY : IPOH – GOPENG TRIP
- Spend the day trekking along the caves of Gua Tempurung as you wander through the sights of stalagmites and stalactites that form one of the longest caves in Peninsular Malaysia. Here, you’ll be able to explore river caves, domes, wind tunnels or join adrenaline-filled caving tours.
- For the second part of the trip, breeze through tea trees of The Gaharu Tea Plantation. A trip to the highest point of the plantation allows for panoramic views, where the tea valley contrasts blue skies. The plantation specializes HOGA fruit, once used for medicinal purposes by emperors before being seeded in Ipoh by a Japanese researcher. An industrial-themed cafe lies within the plantation and here, you’ll be able to enjoy HOGA themed localized dishes.
- Roam the chilling grounds of the haunted Kellie’s Castle, a fortress perched atop the hill of an old rubber estate. The castle was the home of Scottish Planter, Kellie Smith, who abruptly died before its completion. The ghost of Kellie and his family have been seen wandering the corridors of his unfinished estate. The castle is also believed to have hidden rooms and underground tunnels.
- UberTRIPs are RM140 for 4 hours (the minimum fare) and RM0.60/min after.
- Rider will pay this as per a normal Uber trip (with both cash and credit card options available) and receive an electronic receipt.
- This amount is only for the car + driver, any entrance charge to attractions is to be borne by the rider.
- Purchase are subjected to 3 to 5 days before the date of travel.