Zoo Taiping is a zoological park located at Bukit Larut, Taiping Perak. Established in 1961, Taiping Zoo is the oldest Zoo in Malaysia. It is one of the major zoological parks in Malaysia. Covering up to 34 acres in space, the zoo is currently home to 180 species of reptiles, amphibians and mammals. The zoo is also famous for its Night Safari. In order to maintain the experiences of natural environment, Night Safari allows the visitors to view the nocturnal animals in their natural looking setting. The visitors can choose to walk or take a guided tour on the tram.
The Taiping Night Safari is a first of its kind in Malaysia. Bathed in lighting similar to moonlight, the beauty and splendor of nature is enhanced. In an effort to maintain the experience of a natural environment, the Taiping Night Safari attempts to display nocturnal animals in natural looking settings. This provides the opportunity for visitors to appreciate and value the treasures of nature while enjoying oneself.
What Is The Operating Hours?
Visiting hours : 8.30 a.m to 6.00 p.m
Open everyday of the year including Sundays & Public Holidays
Visiting Hours: 8.00 a.m to 11.00 p.m
Open every night including Public Holidays
8.00 a.m to 12.00 a.m on Saturday nights and eve of Public Holidays
What Do They Have There?
- Gorilla Exhibit
- Proposed Primate Exhibit
- Slow Loris
- Brown Lemur
- Ring Tailed Lemur
- White Handed Gibbon
- Proposed Small Mammal Exhibit
- Sambar Deer
- Wild Pig
- Bearded Pig
- Lesser Mousedeer
- African Lion
- Malaysia Porcupine
- Asiatic Wild Dog / Red Dhole
- Bawean Deer
- Proposed Reptile Garden
- Snake House
- Small Mammals
- Public Toilet
- Central Recreation Area
- Rabbits and Love Birds
- Zoo Cafeteria
- White Handed Gibbon
- Asian Deer & Antelopes (Axis Deer, Nilghai)
- African Savana Exhibit
- Black Panther
- Australian Fauna – (Red Kanggaroo, Emu, Black Swan, Magpie Goose, Radjah Shelduck)
- Free Ranging Water Birds – (White Winged Woodducks, Greater Cormorant, Grey Heron, Night Heron, Swans)
What Not To Do at Night Safari?
- Do not feed and disturb the animals.
- Do not cross barriers or railings or pluck, cut or destroy trees and plants.
- Do not litter. Please use bins provided.
- Do not bring your pets.
- Do not use torchlights and flash cameras.
Terms & Conditions
1. Tickets purchase subject to 6% GST
2. For any unused tickets, no further re-validation will be allowed.
3. Customer must produce e-voucher for the above product in order to redeem their entrance ticket.
4. Booking must be made 5 days before arrival.